The first and best option for feeding your baby is and always will be breast milk. But we know that there are times when a particular situation or condition leads us to look for a second option. It is at this point that we must investigate and make the best decision to feed our children. If we cannot offer it to you for any reason, don’t risk it; opt for organic milk free of toxic substances.
It is always essential to read the labels and understand the content of each food we buy for the little ones. Let’s remember that the first 1000 days of a child are the basis for a healthy childhood and adulthood. What we do for them the first few years will be reflected in their physical and mental development.
In our country, there are countless diseases and disorders in young children that were previously not seen with such frequency. Research points out that healthy eating is the basis for preventing most diseases.
In the past, there were not as many organic options as there are today; unfortunately, the mass production of traditionally processed foods carries certain risks for family health. It has been demonstrated that currently, sulfate-based pesticides, fertilizers, antibiotics, oil-derived vitamins, herbicides and fungicides, corn syrup solids, etc., among other chemicals, leave residues in the human body and are a possible trigger of severe diseases.
That is why the best option will always be to opt for products with an organic formula; these contain natural ingredients, besides the fact that they come from farms that feed their cattle only with organic food, without traces of pesticides, herbicides, growth hormones, antibiotics or other harmful additives.
Here are seven more common benefits experienced by babies fed organic formulas than those provided by traditional recipes.
- Higher and sustained energy level throughout the day.
- Improved and regulated bowel function with fewer episodes of diarrhea/constipation.
- Colic is reduced.
- Better nutrition: Naturally, it is especially rich in Vitamin E and Beta carotenes. In the milk’s fat, we found high content in Omega-3 and Omega-6; fatty acids are very beneficial for the baby’s mental and physical development.
- Sleep cycles start to become regular, as they sleep longer and more pleasant because the digestion process is more straightforward.
- Organic formulas ensure the ingredients’ quality as they do not contain: genetically modified ingredients (transgenic), added sugar, chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, preservatives, antibiotics, hormones, steroids, or additives.
- It does not contain chemical or toxic ingredients. The possibility of risk of some diseases related to their consumption is reduced, such as intestinal dysbiosis, obesity, diabetes, allergies, hyperactivity or behavioral disorders, immune system alterations, autoimmune diseases, etc., malabsorption of nutrients.
One of the best brands of milk is holle formula. This brand was founded in 1933 in Holle in Arlsheim as Holle Food AG. Holle wholemeal bread and the first organic Holle baby food were produced, making Holle one of the first manufacturers of organic baby food in Europe. Until about 1960, Holle baby food was available exclusively in Switzerland. The original baby food range included various cereal-based foods for bottle feeding and baby food for use combined with fresh milk or fruit.
Today, holle formula is certified Demeter, which is the trademark for products produced from biodynamic agriculture. Only strictly regulated partners can use the Demeter label. These regulations are established by the Demeter Society, whose criteria extend far beyond organic agriculture’s standard certification. From cultivation to processing, all production stages are controlled, without any compromise, so with this food, you can be sure that you are giving your baby the best.