Floor skirting is a great way to enhance the look of any interior design. Here are just some of the many benefits that adding floor skirting can bring to your home:
- Create a Cohesive Look: floor skirting can help to create a more unified and cohesive look throughout the room. It can help to tie together different elements of the design, like furniture, rugs, and artwork, making your space look more complete.
- Hide Unsightly Features: Floor skirting can help to hide unsightly features of your home, like exposed pipes or wires. It can also help to conceal any mess or clutter around the base of your walls or furniture.
- Increase Privacy: Floor skirting can provide extra privacy in your home. It can help to prevent people from peering into your home, as well as create a more intimate atmosphere.
- Add Extra Storage: Floor skirting can provide additional storage space in your home. It can be used to store items like blankets and pillows, or even extra books and magazines.
- Protect Walls: Floor skirting can help to protect your walls from damage. It can also help to reduce wear and tear on your flooring, making it last longer.
How to Install Floor Skirting?
Floor skirting is an essential finishing touch when installing flooring. It helps to hide the gap between the flooring and the walls and protect the baseboard from damage. Here are the steps to install floor skirting:
- Measure the length and width of the area you are working on and purchase the necessary amount of skirting boards.
- Cut the skirting boards to size using a saw.
- Mark the wall where you will be installing the skirting boards.
- Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the back of the skirting boards.
- Place the skirting boards on the wall in the marked area and press firmly to adhere.
- Use a hammer and nails to secure the skirting board in place.
- Use a level to check the skirting boards are installed straight.
- Fill any gaps between the skirting boards and the floor with wood filler.
- Sand down any rough edges or filled areas.
- Paint the skirting boards with suitable paint in the desired color. Once complete, your floor skirting will be securely installed and look great.
FAQs About Floor Skirting
Q: What is floor skirting?
A: Floor skirting is a decorative trim that is installed around the perimeter of a room to hide the gap between the floor and the wall. It is also known as baseboard, base trim, or base molding.
Q: What are floor skirting boards made of?
A: Floor skirting boards are typically made of wood, MDF, PVC, or metal materials.
Q: How do you install floor skirting?
A: Installing floor skirting is a relatively straightforward process. You will need to measure the area to be covered, cut the skirting to fit, and then attach it to the wall with nails or screws.
Q: What are the benefits of floor skirting?
A: Floor skirting can provide a decorative and finished look to a room, as well as help protect the wall from dirt and damage. It can also help to reduce the amount of dust and allergens that can build up in the gap between the floor and the wall.