The State of Florida is famous for its beautiful neighborhoods and large amusement parks. With over 20 million people, Florida is the third most populous state in our country. Due to a large amount of populace, were you aware that a large amount of population is directly related to the probabilities of encountering reckless individuals?
We believe that you are reading this because you may have been the victim of one of these neglectful people in Florida. Suffering a personal injury accident is one of the worst positions to be in. These incidents can also occur at any given moment. Since personal injury accidents are so unexpected, it is almost impossible to be fully prepared to confront the aftermath of this calamity.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be forced to stay in bed for a certain period of time. As a result, you will not be able to work. To make matters worse, your income will significantly decrease and you will have to assume the responsibility of paying expensive medical bills.
We understand that this sounds like a nightmare. However, there is still a way to solve this problem. As a victim of a personal injury accident in Florida, you are entitled to receive monetary compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial damages. Why? Because these incidents are based on the basic rules of negligence. This means that someone breached his or her duty of care for others. That is why it is important to prove that your burdens were produced by someone else.
Having said that, you must know that proving liability is no easy task. The other party and their insurers may intend to deny fault in hopes of not compensating you. It will be your word against theirs. For this reason, you should seek the expertise of top personal injury lawyers in Florida. These accident attorneys have the necessary skills in defending victims’ rights and proving culpability.
Throughout this article, we will discuss the benefits of hiring accident lawyers, the most common injury incidents, and the basics of personal injury law in the State of Florida.
Most Common Personal Injury Accidents Seen in Florida
- Car accidents are perhaps the most common incidents not only in Florida but in the United States. Automobile accident victims often result in fractures and injuries in soft tissues. Nonetheless, these incidents can also cause traumatic brain injuries, loss of limbs, and death. Florida follows a no-fault insurance system. This means that after a collision, you must report it to your own insurer. Your insurance coverage will pay the medical bills and other financial losses of anyone covered under the policy, regardless of who was responsible for the accident.
- Slip and fall accidents often occur in public spaces such as restaurants, supermarkets, and malls. These incidents can cause fractures in hands, wrists, fingers, legs, and hips. These cases are categorized as “premises liability claims”. This means that establishment owners must keep their properties free of any potential hazards. In order to get compensated, victims must prove that the landlord knew or should have known about the dangerous condition that led to the fall.
Florida’s Personal Injury Law
- Comparative Negligence Law: This mandate determines the contribution of each party to the accident. Florida follows a “pure comparative negligence rule”. This means your award will be reduced according to your fault percentage. For instance, if you were 10% liable for the accident, a $100,000 compensation will be $90,000.
- Statute of Limitations: This law sets the limit on the amount of time that victims have to file their personal injury lawsuit. In Florida, individuals have four years to file their claims. If people file their lawsuit after this time passes, the court may surely deny the case.
Benefits of Hiring Personal Injury Lawyers in Florida
- Personal injury accident attorneys possess the expertise on these legal issues since they have worked on several cases similar to yours in the past. This means that they have been prepared to determine fault and ease the process of obtaining your award.
- Insurers may undermine your claim or make you low offers that will not cover all of your expenses. However, an injury lawyer will determine the correct amount of compensation that you are entitled to by calculating your lost income, examining your injuries, and reviewing your medical bills.
- As you know, you must prove that the other party harmed you. Hiring an accident attorney will be a big advantage since they work with private investigators who can seek evidence such as eyewitness testimonies, surveillance footage, and your medical reports.
- If you do not comprehend paperwork, filing these documents on time may be difficult for you. Rest assured that an injury lawyer can help you understand legal verbiage and file your lawsuit in a timely manner.
- Several personal injury accident attorneys work on contingency fees. Contingency fees are a form of payment to an accident attorney for his or her services. Unlike a fixed hourly fee, in a contingency fee agreement, personal injury accident lawyers receive a percentage of the recovered damages of the victim if the case is settled.
Contact an Injury Attorney Right Away!
This article has been brought to you by the best law firm in the state. By seeking top personal injury lawyers in Florida, you will be represented by a highly-skilled professional. Your injury attorney will work day in and day out for you. What are you waiting for? Call a legal expert right away!